Tuesday, February 6, 2018

"Completely Covered"

"Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord."  Psalm 139:4

God cares for His people!  There are so many blessed assurances throughout the scriptures that emphasize God's favor being poured out upon us daily.  What a good and loving heavenly Father He is!  Where can we go from His Spirit and where can we flee from His presence?  Oh Lord, you have searched us and you know us.  You know when we sit and when we rise, you perceive our thoughts from afar.  You, Oh God, are familiar with all of our ways! (Psalm 139:1-3)

It is comforting to understand the promises given to us in God's word.  When life's trials come fast and furious, we can be still and know that He alone is God.  (Psalm 46:10)  Our confidence in the Lord is built throughout the tough times in life, when we allow Him to speak "life" into our bad situations.  Not long ago, as my husband and I were ministering and sharing the good news of the life, death and resurrection power of our Lord Jesus Christ, we were also experiencing one of the most difficult financial challenges we had ever faced.  The weight and burden of a huge financial loss had taken its toll on us and our family.  It seemed as though we were never going to recover from such a devastating situation.  By God's grace and total empowerment of the Holy Spirit in our lives, we were able to climb out of that "dark hole" and slowly rebuild what was lost.  It felt like we had gotten a few battle scars in that season, but looking back, I can affirm that God was building something "in us" that was much more significant than what we thought we had learned.

Throughout that very strenuous, and difficult training period, we both as husband and wife, learned to lean upon the wisdom and strength of the Lord when there was absolutely no solution or way out.  We had to go through!  And thank God, we came through stronger than before.  It didn't mean that we endured some degree of pain, suffering and heartbreak, but the situation did prove to put us on a new level of faith that we hadn't seen before.  We had learned how important it is to keep proclaiming God's word over every situation and to never stop believing in His Goodness and Mercy, even in the middle of our greatest tests!  God cares for His people, He provides a way when there seems to be no way, and He is our greatest friend when we are left alone.   I am often reminded of the vivid picture of Jesus being the "Good Shepherd."  We all like sheep have gone astray at times, going our own way and missing it!  But, God, in His great mercy has always been there whether we found Him or not.  He was searching our heart, knowing our anxious thoughts, testing us and waiting for us to come home.  Just like a good shepherd who knows all of his sheep.  If one has wandered off, he will be the one that goes out to find him.  So it is with our precious Lord Jesus Christ,  in that while we were yet sinners, He died for us.  Making a way to bring us home and redeem us from our wicked ways!  He is our Good Shepherd and He is not willing that any should perish, but that all would have life and life more abundantly.

I declare over you today, that if you have wandered away from the loving care of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you will find your way home.  His loving arms are waiting to receive you back and forgive you and bless you with a fresh start.  Sometimes it is harder to forgive ourselves for the bad choices we have made, and we think somehow that God would never forgive us.  But, once again, I want to remind you that He is our Father, and a good Father's Love is unconditional, strong and forever.  He will never give up on you, so what are you waiting for!  God's got you covered.

Today's prayer confession:  "Dear Lord Jesus,  thank you that you are always ready and able to take care of me and to forgive my sins when I have failed you.   I am comforted to know that you hem me in- behind and before and you are my Good Shepherd.  Please help me to turn from my own ways and to follow you with a heart full of devotion and commitment.  I know this is my season of healing and new beginnings, and I am coming home to you today!  I love you Lord, and my hope and trust are now upon you and your plans for my life.  Today is my new beginning and my day of restoration.  What the enemy has stolen from me in my times of disobedience, I know that you will repay.  You alone are my strength and my song. In Jesus Name, amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment